Thursday 4 March 2010

Greek Command Stand



This photos shows my first Greek command stand for my Spartan allies/mercenaries. All figures have been painted, varnished and glued to the base. I really like how this has turned out but have to admit the photo doesn't really do it justice (the light was very bright plus, it's a little blurry). Interesting modeling idea - the guard on the right has warts on his nose/cheek!)

I've kept the shields blank in keeping with the mercenary idea - making them ideal for use with other armies such as my Greeks, Macedonians and Persians.

The picture is clickable. Feel free to leave any comments or ideas you may have.

6 comments:

DeanM said...

Looking great. Are you sure you don't want to add some shield blazons? I saw some new decals recently released on TMP - can't recall who the manufacturer was. But these were water-slide types - unlike the LBMS types that normally need a white base. Regards, Dean

Consul said...

DeanM - I'm sure ;) although, I may change my mind once the rest of the Spartans come together! I'll take a look for those transfers.

Thanks again for your continuted support, Dean. Means a lot! It's always useful to get the advice of another or a 2nd opinion.

Consul.

Cisza said...

The commander is looking really grim. Your painting gave him a lot of character.

Galpy said...

Nice paint job well done
I've also become a follower of you blog
Cheers
Kent

Consul said...

Cisza - He certainly looks like quite a tough character!

Kent - Thank you. Glad to know you're enjoying the blog!

webdesign Berlin said...

lol little kingdom :)